Laman

Thursday, February 13, 2014

ADJECTIVES WITH –ED AND –ING


·        Use Past Participle (adjectives end in –ed) to describe the emotion of a person.
1.   How do you feel? I’m confused.
2.   I’m not interested in writing.

·         Use Present Participle (adjectives end in –ing) to describe the thing or person that causes the emotion.
1.   What was the lesson like? It’s exciting.
2.   Some stories are interesting.

·         Some common –ed and –ing adjectives.
Bored - boring    
annoyed - annoying          
disappointed - disappointing
confused - confusing
Embarrassed - embarrassing
excited - exciting
interested - interesting 
frightened - frightening
Surprised - surprising
tired - tiring

Exercise:
Put the appropriate adjectives.
1. I have nothing to do. I feel _______, It’s really a _______ day. (bored/boring)
2. I am studying. That loud music is _______, I’m _______. (annoyed/annoying)
3. I’m not really ______ in playing the gamelan. I think playing the gamelan is not an _______ activity at all. (interested/interesting)
4. She gets ______. She can’t do the homework. Her mathematics homework is _______. (confused/confusing)
5. We were all _______ by the exhibition. It was really _______. (excited/exciting)
6. The children were very _______ last night after watching the _______ film. (frightened/frightening)
7. When I arrived at the party, I realized that I hadn’t worn my shoes. It was an _______ experience. I got _______. (embarrassed/embarrassing)
8. Sandra felt _______. The film was not as good as she had expected. It was _______. (disappointed/disappointing)
9. He is a _______ person. He always talks about the same things again and again. He never gets ______ talking about the same things. (bored/boring)
10. Alwi works in a restaurant as a waiter. He has to serve the customers from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sometimes he thinks working as a waiter is _______. He always feels _______ after work. (tired/tiring)

Answer these questions using –ed or –ing adjectives.
1. What was the film like?
2. How did you feel when you saw your photo in the paper?
3. What was your mathematic lesson like?
4. Did you enjoy the film? No,
5. What was the football match like?
6. How did you feel when you met the president?
7. Did you enjoy the present?
8. I saw a __________ film last night. I was __________. (frighten)
9. He is a _______ person. I am ______ of him. (bore)

0 comments: